Principal Data Scientist - Permanent Role
Our client are currently looking to hire a Principal Data Scientist to join the company on a permanent basis, and to work in a flexible hybrid working environment.
The Principal Data Scientist will play a leading role across all aspects of data insights, from understanding customer needs, prioritising areas of focus, leading the aggregation and exploration of data, the development of models and garnering of insights, and the translation of these into new services. As the successful candidate you will also champion the potential benefits to be gained through the application of data science, both within the company, and the wider customer group.
Drive an effective data insights pipeline
- Lead the engagement with internal and external customers to understand needs, assess data requirements and availability, curate the pipeline of prioritised opportunities and generate hypotheses to test.
- Lead the data insight activities using an Agile methodology.
Champion data science techniques to deliver insights
- Lead the application of statistical analysis to explore data and highlight any potential data quality issues.
- Lead the application of Machine Learning and advanced analytics techniques to generate practical insights from data and text, such as classification and prediction tasks.
- Develop, deploy and monitor ML models on the Azure cloud.
Develop and embed the organisations data science capability
- Identify the communication and relationship needs of stakeholder groups to assess and promote the understanding and value of data science.
- Act as a primary point of contact for the organisations data science capability, by developing and maintaining relationships, and working with stakeholders in this area.
- Contribute to areas including data architecture, data engineering and business intelligence development; both leading teams and supporting others.
- Demonstrable experience of working in teams and using code repositories and testing to improve development.
- Demonstrable experience of working with data engineers to evaluate and implement ML deployment options, and the monitoring of performance to ensure continued veracity of model outputs.
- Demonstrable experience of managing development teams and mentoring others in technical and soft skills.
- Experience of working with Python, including relevant data manipulation and data science libraries.
- Experience of working with various types of data, proficient at using SQL for data extraction and manipulation, and spark for big data analytics.
If you feel your skills and experience would make you a strong fit for this role, please feel free to apply!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search