My banking client requires a Solutions Architect to join them on a 6 month initial contract supporting in the payments function of one of the UK's leading banks!!!
This is a unique opportunity to join a supportive and collaborative team who are able to share experiences and knowledge across the Payments domain, also working closely with other domains and centres of excellenceAs an Infrastructure Architect, you'll be providing technical expertise and architectural solutions in infrastructure, hardware, hosting service and network areas. You'll be enabling re-useable infrastructure patterns, automated provisioning, configuration and decommissioning of infrastructure and networks on demand via environment and infrastructure as code, containerisation and other emergent techniques such as autonomic computing design. You'll also be:
- You'll be leading the most significant, complex and technically challenging infrastructure architecture transformations, coordinating design and platform teams across domains, making sure that their architectural journeys support realisation of the target and their investment portfolios are comprised of programmes of work that move towards the target and deliver the values of the relevant metrics published to our investors.
- What you'll do
- Influencing the development of strategies and architectures across the bank, identifying transformational opportunities
- Defining major components of our target infrastructure architecture and roadmap, making sure that these support the strategic aims or provide an appropriate organisational response to external change
- Translating architecture roadmaps into packages of work, that allow frequent incremental delivery of value, to be included in product backlog and in line with our change management framework
- Collaborating with engineers to validate the intentional architecture and leveraging your ideas and prototypes to develop architecture and emergent designTo succeed in this role, you'll need experience of defining business or application architectures and roadmaps for complex enterprises and knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering. You'll also have a good understanding of Agile and contemporary methodologies with experience of working in an Agile team.
The skills you'll need
- Experience of developing, syndicating and communicating architectures, designs and proposals for actions
- Experience of working with business solution vendors, technology vendors and products within the market
- Knowledge of systems development change lifecycles, best practices and approaches
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search