travel to Leeds or Krakow occasionally
IR35 - TBC
3 Months initial contract.
As a Head of Engineering, you will be responsible for the technical delivery of the current and future stacks initiatives across Unity. Work with architects and engineering leads to ensure the /most suitable solutions are implemented, fully considering all potential impacts and effects
Building, delivering, maintaining and continuously improving our tech stacks with the aim of providing capability to grow current and launch to potential new markets in a flexible and cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for the technical delivery of the current and future stacks initiatives across Unity, working with senior stakeholders across the business
- Work with Heads of Technology, architects and engineering leads to align and ensure component and platform commonality across Group.
- Drive business outcomes, working with a range of senior stakeholders across CPTO and the International business
- Lead the engineering community of practice ensuring the highest quality standards are agreed, implemented and complied with.
You will be:
- A highly professional technology leader with a considerable track record in software development (still able and happy to code)
- With a background in complex digital transformation initiatives spanning disparate technologies, geographical regions, integrations with legacy, 3rd party and new development components.
- With considerable breadth and depth of technology experience, particularly within a digital environment. Able both to work at a platform architecture level and in a hands-on, "roll your sleeves" up way.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment balancing the priorities of a range of stakeholders.
- Must have been a practitioner recently and have experience of:
- - Any cloud platform
- - CI/CD, DevOps, toolchain, GIT
- - Shared contribution models and building libraries for use across enterprises
- - Delivering change to legacy platforms, not just creating new ones
- - Systems handling high numbers of transactions with low latency requirements
- - Web scaling application architectures
Please apply if this is of interest and we will be in contact.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search