Assistant Procurement Manager
Lorien's Public sector client are recruiting for an Assistant Procurement Manager
This is to work on a unique, large-scale sporting event which will be hosted at multiple venues in Glasgow and across Scotland in August 2023.
The successful candidate will have
- Experience of commercial governance and procurement to a large organisation.
- An understanding of contract law, current procurement legislation alongside an appreciation of Government developments in terms of Sustainable Procurement.
- Experience of working in a collaborative environment working both internally and externally, and the ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Commercial awareness with an in-depth understanding of the funding and financial issues that influence and affect decisions.
- Experience in Contract & Supplier Management
- Understand the principles of Project Management
- Good communication skills, and the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Strong IT skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ideally the postholder will have or be working towards a professional Procurement qualification (e.g. CIPS)
- Knowledge and understanding of current public sector procurement best practice and current public procurement regulations
- Experience of Oracle Cloud ERP, or similar purchase-to-pay system
- Knowledge of ePurchasing Cards
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted