About the Role
This is a key role in support of the research being carried out using our High Performance and Data Intensive Computing (HPDIC) facilities. Following a recent restructure you will be joining a team of dedicated research computing engineers who are supporting the current systems and their use in a diverse range of research topics from Quantum Chemistry simulations and AI modeling to Climate modelling, medical imaging and COVID-19 research. We are currently planning for a refresh of the facilities and this role will play a key role in supporting the planned and commissioning process.
What you'll do
- Take a leading role in delivering and maintaining our High Performance and Data Intensive Computing facilities.
- Proactively, work with a wide range of our research community to exploit the full potential of HPDIC.
- Take a leading role in the planning of major systems installations and upgrades.
- Deliver training programmes to research students and mentor colleagues.
What you'll bring
- Experience of the use of high performance and data intensive computing in a significant research area.
- Knowledge of high performance and data intensive computing issues and opportunities.
- Experience of working within a large-scale Linux server environment.
- The ability to present your ideas and your specialist area, to a wide and potentially non-technical audience.
- The integrity required to work with both commercially sensitive and personally identifiable information.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted