We are currently looking for a Cloud Engineer to join one of our large insurance clients on a remote contract for 3 months initially.
This role will be inside IR35.
During this role you will:
- Provide high level technical support on the Cloud platform
- Ensure that the Cloud Business Support team works collaboratively with other teams including the Cloud Business Engagement Consultants, Platform Architects and Transformation Team to ensure the teams priorities are achieved.
- Ensure service levels are maintained for SLA's and customer satisfaction indexes for the Cloud Business Support team
- Liaise closely with the 3rd party Cloud support function to ensure a seamless support service is provided and ensuring that appropriate knowledge transfer occurs.
- Advise on best practise and work closely with Cloud Architects to apply consistent standards
- Assist in the migration from fixed data centres to the cloud
- Provide expert Cloud knowledge and engage with Cloud providers and other third parties to ensure technical issues are resolved
- Support regulatory needs such as SOC2 by providing the appropriate technical resource
- Identify controls and risks/issues and manage/escalate as applicable
- Work with other Corporate IT teams to embed Cloud Technologies and practices into BAU
- Demonstrable experience working in an Operations team using Cloud Technologies within a large global organisation
- Passion for new technologies and the power of moving to Cloud technologies
- Expert level understanding of Cloud platforms, primarily Microsoft Azure but knowledge of Oracle Cloud and Amazon AWS is beneficial
- Azure Certified at least to Azure Admin level or architectural equivalent
- Understand what a DevOps approach is and be able to demonstrate its effectiveness
- Detailed knowledge of infrastructure, networking, software development pipelines, security best practices and identity management
- Ability to confidentially communicate with executives, developers, and engineers
- Knowledge of designing system monitoring, diagnostics and alerting solutions
- Ability to work independently and proactively with new and unique ideas
- Ability to work in an Agile scrum environment
- Ability to work across multiple business segments globally and to understand the unique details of applications in different contexts
- Effective communication and documentation skills
- Hands-on knowledge of many of the below technologies:
- Azure / Oracle Cloud / AWS - IaaS and PaaS components
- PowerShell & other scripting languages such as Bash, Kusto
- Cloud engineering and automation toolsets, and related best practises
- Server Operating Systems including all flavours of Windows and Linux
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, please apply here. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted