My client is driving the digital transformation of the world's leading financial institutions. Other sectors, such as industry and insurance, also leverage their strong consulting and implementation skills across all aspects of pioneering technologies, such as cloud engineering, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things for Industry 4.0, and blockchain.
With its in-depth technological expertise, strong partnerships and scalable IT solutions, the client increases productivity in software development. This provides clients with faster access to new IT applications and innovative business models, while also reducing risk.
About the role
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join the team and help build out our rapidly expanding digital transformation business. This position will be based in Manchester. The potential and variety of the work that they are supporting our clients with is truly mind-blowing. Ideally, you will have cloud experience, but if you are strong in other areas and want to pivot your career to the cloud, then we will ensure you get that chance.
- Spearhead design and development of modern data processing applications or Big Data-based solutions on public, private and hybrid clouds.
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Understand complex data and aggregation requirements and translate them into functionalities
- Interface with SMEs, business analysts and other IT teams to understand the requirements and translate them into technical deliverables
- Have to be critical thinkers who can connect the dots, and work either collaboratively or independently, whilst also being able to handle and resolve conflicts
- Must be comfortable working with complex systems and enjoy working in the analytical space (e.g. risk / pnl and complex data processing)
Essential Technical Skills Required
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing Big Data Solutions using Hadoop and NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB, Cassandra or Neo-4J
- Hands-on development experience with Hadoop and Spark or public cloud equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of Agile processes & tooling: Jira, Confluence, Agile/Scaled Agile, SAFE, Kanban, Scrum etc.
- Experience of Continuous Integration tools such as; Git, Maven, Bazel/Blaze, Nexus, Artifactory, Jenkins, Octopus CI, TeamCity
- Understanding of DataOps and ability to create use case agnostic configurable ETL / ELT pipelines
- Understanding and experience with Object-Oriented Programming, DRY / SOLID
- Full stack development experience. Desirable programming languages: Python, Java, Scala, React, Node.js, Golang
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search