6 Month Contract (Inside IR35)
££ Excellent Daily Rate
Lorien's leading Edinburgh based client is currently looking for a highly skilled Scrum Master to join the team on an initial 6 month contract with the extremely high possibility of an extension.
What you'll do
This role will see you coaching and guiding your team to perform at their highest level and at a sustainable pace. You'll remove any impediments to progress, facilitate meetings, protect the team from outside influences or distractions and work with the product owner to make sure that the product backlog is in good shape and ready for the next sprint.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the process owner for the team, and maintaining the relationship with the project's key stakeholders
- Supporting the preparation of all work package and resource plans, progress reporting on plans and controls and resource requirements, and ensuring the plan is in-line with any wider work stream plans and controls
- Enabling and assisting the team to identify, track, manage and mitigate any project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies in relation to the delivery and transformation of Scrum and Agile practices
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Ensuring the Scrum or Feature team understand Agile practices, the Scrum framework and values, and that they use the framework to deliver products to satisfy Platform customers and react to their needs quickly
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience of successful Scrum adoption along with a Scrum Master certification. You'll need good knowledge of modern development practices and tools, such as extreme programming, test driven development and continuous integration.
We'll look to you to have:
- A PSM1 certification or equivalent, and experience of overseeing teams to become self-organising, using techniques such as Systems and Lean thinking
- Experience of active participation in PI planning, and hands on facilitation of daily stand-up's, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives
- A strong understanding of the Agile manifesto and its principles
- Experience of changing organisational, team or department mindsets, cultures and structures
- Experience of applying empirical process control
- Good knowledge of automated testing frameworks
- Strong critical thinking skills and a proactive approach in foreseeing impediments to delivery and the ability to take ownership in resolving these on a day-to-day basis
If this role sounds like a good match to your skillset and you would like to know more, please apply and I will call you to discuss further.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search