Agile Coach - Outside IR35
3 - 6 Months
Remote - occasional travel to Leeds or London (nearest tube Tottenham Court Road)
Agile Coach to drive continuous improvement in Agile across the business. Increasing the client's Agile maturity through exceptional understanding of Agile product development methodologies (Disciplined Agile, Scrum and Kanban).
Key areas of coaching:
- Leading & improve (not from the front) communities, sharing insights and working together to maximise engagement & achieve shared goals which can be shown to provide value to our customers or enhanced capability of our people.
- Agile coaching & training (teams and individuals). Areas include: Disciplined Agile (Product vision, team charter, DoD, DoR, , ceremonies, transparent metrics (JIRA burn-ups, visual boards, OKRs), test strategy & automation), identify organisational impediments (& fix where appropriate), improve coordination across team
- Evidencing the improvements generated by the team including:
- Key Metrics including DORA
- Training. Identify opportunities to train the teams in location and scrum masters specifically in-line with the above. Support wider training initiatives as part of the Agile @ Scale plan.
- Identify impediments and make recommendations to change process, approach or capability to ensure the long-term success of the teams being coached
- Demonstrable and recent experience in training & coaching Agile teams & individuals with a variety of frameworks (e.g. DA, SAFe, LeSS, DSDM, AgilePM, Kanban, scrum, Nexus, lean)
- Previous experience playing the Scrum Master for an Agile software development team successfully using Scrum principles, practices, and theory. Strong skills and working knowledge of servant leadership, training, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the DA/Scrum approach (example: Burn-down technologies, Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, senior leadership coaching.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team (e.g. Jira, programming tools).
- Disciplined Agile adoption experience and certification.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search