JAVA DEVELOPER - £510 A DAY - FULL REMOTE - 12 MONTHS CONTRACT
We are looking for a Java Developer to join one of our Central Government consulting teams. You will be part of a high-performing team delivering innovative digital services that directly contribute to the delivery of UK policy, economic growth and security.
- Leading the development of bespoke solutions as part of a multi-functional team, working closely with team members, and evolving our clients' services
- Working hands-on with code, focused on the harder engineering challenges that our teams face, ranging from setting up new codebases with appropriate structure and frameworks, deep diving as part of investigating issues/incidents or developing particularly challenging features
- Champion technical excellence and ensure our teams have the capability and knowledge to deliver first-class solutions
- Actively engage in our Agile delivery process, eg representing engineering at 3 Amigos sessions and backlog refinement
- Line managing multiple developers, guiding junior engineers, and helping them to learn how to be better engineers
- Create technical documentation for reference and to support knowledge sharing
- Skills and experience
- Minimum of 8 years relevant industry experience
- Leading software engineering teams, spanning technical and people leadership, operating in Agile delivery frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, LeSS)
- Establishing and evolving high quality engineering practices (e.g. Feature-Driven Development, Scrum, XP, DSDM)
- Familiarity with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Proficiency in Java
- Delivering solutions using Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS/Azure
- Thorough understanding of data and related design patterns and technologies
- Enthusiasm to learn new languages and technologies (including customer tech stacks)
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g. AWS, Azure, CKA/CKAD) and technical degrees (e.g. MSc Computer Science degree or similar technical subject)
- Due to the nature of work, candidates will need to hold a valid SC security clearance, or be eligible and willing to undergo SC security clearance.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search