Our Public Sector client is looking for a highly skilled Solution Architect to join their Glasgow/Edinburgh based team for a 6 months initial contract.
Main duties include:
- Work as a team member of agile delivery teams or more traditional project teams and engage to understand and identify their context and scope of technical needs, then design appropriate solution/technical architectures.
- Regularly collaborate and find agreement with peers and senior stakeholders, providing direction and challenge.
- Be proactive in identifying problems and translate these into non-technical descriptions that can be widely understood.
Other (and more specific) Duties include:
- Act as the technical authority in information gathering and scene setting with stakeholders and managers.
- Undertake rigorous analysis to develop an understanding of solution and technology options to recommend the most appropriate approach across different environments and operating models.
- Act as consultant and 'critical friend' on best practice use of technology.
- Take ownership of technical architecture deliverables across the project lifecycle and ensure that solutions fit into the organisation's technical landscape, meets established design patterns, standards, guardrails and architectural principles; highlight gaps and risks
- Collaborate with colleagues in cyber security to ensure security by design
- Review technical proposals from external suppliers and make implementation recommendations.
- Provide a technical assurance function in support of the clients governance activities.
- Contribute to the development of the clients CDO Architectural strategies.
- Take ownership for implementing continuous improvement initiatives in the Architecture Practice
- Take on duties attached to appropriate roles within the Architecture Practice, such as being a Segment Lead for a group of related architectural work across teams and the architects involved.
- Take an open and collaborative approach to working and sharing knowledge.
- Support colleagues with technical expertise where required.
If interested, please submit your cv
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search