Embedded Software Engineer
An established Scottish success story with a great backstory and an exciting future ahead of them is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join their team, be an instrumental part of a huge new project announcement, and play a vital role in the company's success going forward.
They're looking to bolster their tight-knit, friendly R&D-style environment with a wave of new talent, and this individual will get plenty of chances to show off their skills as they help to develop existing and new products. You'll improve and maintain a key platform which acts as the heart of our client's portfolio, and develop and support applications and tooling to keep it beating.
In return, our client offers their employees ample opportunities to flourish both technically and professionally, give back to the community in a very direct and rewarding way, and enjoy a range of different benefits with people at the centre, such as flexible and remote working arrangements and much more.
An overview of what you'll do:
- Apply programming principles to design, develop and test new system software features
- Operate as part of a multi-disciplinary, Agile engineering function and work collaboratively
- Maintain existing software through bug fixes and improvements
- Understand and apply agile software development methodologies
- Recommend improvements to working practices
- Design interactions between embedded systems components with hardware and the physical world through sensors, actuators and more
- Select and use suitable high/low-level programming languages and scripting tools to develop real-time / embedded components
- Perform testing of real-time / embedded systems and work with tools such as logic analysers, in-circuit emulators or digital storage oscilloscopes
- Help to review others' work
- Define test conditions for requirements and design test cases, test scripts and supporting data
- Contribute to ongoing improvements and additions to processes, tech offerings and technical vision
There's so much more we want to tell you about where this organisation is going, so if you're up to the challenge, want to have a chat about what they can offer you, and your chance to be part of one of the most exciting projects and companies out there right now, apply now!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted