Back-end cloud developer
London (Remote Working)
6 Month Contract
Our banking client are looking for a highly skilled back-end cloud developers to join their brand new digital startup team within a new central London Digital office to help us develop and oversee the delivery of our products.
Ideally, you will be opinionated in your tastes as to how you approach problems, but also open to ideas and have a pragmatic streak that helps deliver on solving them.
You will come from a background where you have developed a number of applications and worked with cross functional teams as well as have experience across the entire software development life-cycle from inception, through build to production. You'll be passionate about testing and think not only about how you'll develop a feature but also about how you'll test it appropriately using unit tests, functional, integration, API and end-to-end tests. You'll also be adept at automated testing.
We like engineers with a "can-do" attitude, capability of bootstrapping greenfield projects, ability to effectively work with multi-disciplinary, internal and external distributed teams across the project lifecycle. Our engineers will own & run what they build. So a DevOps attitude is very essential.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong professional Java development skills including Core Java, Spring (or similar dependency injection frameworks), Hibernate (or similar ORM frameworks), Java Web Applications using Servlet, JAX-RS to minimum Java 8.
- Strong experience in developing scalable & secure RESTful Web APIs.
- Strong experience in Web application & Cloud security fundamentals (SSL, PKI, Digital Certificates etc).
- Experience in refactoring / transforming applications to meet growing business demands.
- Solid understanding of Linux OS internals.
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) Environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, able to analyze, identify & fix issues in a complex cloud based environment.
- Ability to work with a wide range of business & technology stakeholders.
- Keeps up-to-date with modern development and infrastructure practices.
- Strong professional experience working on cloud computing platforms with Google Cloud.
- Experience in administering web scale applications, API Gateways, high availability architectures, load balancing & disaster recovery.
- Experience of Kubernetes, Istio, Apigee, Cloud SQL, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Strong experience with container technologies and orchestration tools like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Practitioner of "Infrastructure as Code". Strong Scripting and automation skills (Python, BASH, Ansible, Chef).
- Google Cloud Certification preferred but not essentialWould be great if you knew about these:
- Experience in developing digital banking products
- Experience with FX currency technologies
- Experience with Java 9 and beyond.
- Experience with greenfield projectsThe successful candidate will have links to any accounts on GitHub, BitBucket, etc and be able to talk through their code using a computer during the interview.BENEFITS
- Creative and flexible team culture with a passion for design and technology
- Work from home when necessary, flexible working and free coffee/tea.
If you match these skills, please apply and I will call you to discuss further.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search