Release and Service Transition Manager
This is an exceptional time to be joining the IT Change Portfolio team within the IT department. The team supports the delivery of change across a huge range of IT services, and the role is a chance to ensure the release of those changes creates the maximum value for our customers.
About the Role
This is a new role in our IT Change Portfolio function, providing more effort to support the transition of new and existing IT services from development into production, and designing a release process that protects those production environments. The post holder will be part of the management team, working alongside team managers and PMO staff. There is an exciting opportunity to create new and improved release processes, as well as working closely with technical teams across the department.
What you'll do
- Ensure the successful transition of services and products from development into operational support, enabling the maximum possible value from its IT services.
- Create and continuously improve a structured model for service transitions, using a standard toolset and processes.
- Manage and continuously improve the release management process.
- Work with colleagues in the IT Portfolio & Governance group to ensure the successful delivery of the portfolio of change initiatives.
What you'll bring
- Experience of managing service transitions from development to operational support.
- An understanding of service management frameworks or methodologies, including change and release management.
- The ability to work with others, including technical team members and project managers.
- A continuous improvement ethos.
Skill level equivalent to achievement of HND, Degree, NVQ4 or basic professional qualification in a Change Management, Project Management, or other IT discipline is essential.
We promote a healthy work-life balance with generous holiday allowance (30+ days), defined benefit pension, flexi-time and flexible working, generous parental leave and childcare provision.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted