Project Manager - Travel Systems Implementation - 12 months FTC
Travelport are a Global Leading Travel Retail Platform and they are looking to recruit a Project Manager. The overall goal of the project is moving customers/clients from 3 Computer Reservations Systems being Apollo, Galileo & Worldspan, into just Galileo.
The Project Manager leads projects (typically new client implementations and significant client related change projects) aiming at onboarding new customers /delivering incremental profitable segments/ revenue. You'll be working with the Customer PM and drive the joint project plan including milestones, timeline, dependencies, risks, resources, costs, etc. The primary objective is to coordinate various internal functions (Technology, API, Customer Support, etc.) and drive the segment ramp up plan execution on time on budget.
- Define and manage the implementation project plan including milestones, dependencies resources and costs and coordinate the workstream team leads and face off to the Customer Project Manager.
- Lead the implementation Discovery and the overall onboarding plan.
- Evaluates and recommends appropriate blend of resources to meet project needs.
- Establishes metrics for measuring key project deliverables.
- Identifies risks and develops risk mitigation plans for the project.
- Can effectively provide the control and governance required to articulate and gain agreement for the scope and approach for a project, deliver this project scope on time and on budge/ efficiently within an appropriate risk envelope.
- Coaches/counsels team members and/or partners to accomplish project deliverables/goals.
- Understands project dependencies and conducts risk assessment.
- Proactively manages changes to scope/time/solutions etc. during a project. Working with the team to establish the impacts and implications (including segment realization and margin), gaining commitment to any changes from the key stakeholders and subsequently reshaping the plan and project as appropriate
- Provides contingency solutions and timelines.
- Takes measured risks when appropriate and measurable value can be obtained from the proposed course of action.
- Manages collection, tracking and reporting of the project status and position, collects, tracks and reports against existing metrics, on time, on quality, on cost measures.
- Drive process consistency, maturity and best practice sharing
- Knowledge of the travel technology industry and advantage
- Able to shift between tactical, day-to-day and strategic, higher-level thinking as situations demand.
- Able to create and drive implementation of business plans for own area
- Able to make a persuasive argument to persuade/influence audience
- Builds trust with team members through consistency, transparency, and ownership in actions
- Able to identify and keep informed key stakeholders
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search