2nd Line Support
My client are looking for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to work on site in Cheadle 5 days a week. They are looking for a candidate to support of all end user devices and systems across the company. This includes desktops, laptops, VDI, mobile devices, identity, software, network points, meeting room audio visual devices, and other associated equipment and software.
- Identifying, diagnosing, and resolving issues in computer hardware and software on systems such as desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
- Installing and upgrading hardware and software.
- Providing general desktop support, imaging/re-imaging of Desktops, laptops and mobile phones.
- Aiding the end user regarding technical issues, either by telephone, email, TeamViewer or in person.
- Managing small to medium scale user moves, including all associated devices, connectivity and testing.
- Resolving network related issues such as patching, desk cabling, switches, network access, internet etc.
- Providing support for voice devices (escalating as appropriate), primarily additions, moves and changes in office location.
- Additionally, assisting with voice projects, and maintaining documentation for the voice environment.
- Coordinating with third party service providers for the timely repair of hardware and systems under warranty
- Installation of peripherals like printers, scanners and audio-visual equipment
- Supporting colleagues and working with other support groups solving level two and above issues.
- Developing strategies, software testing, development and proactive work with users to prevent future incidents.
- Monitoring and analysing the performance of upgraded systems, keeping track of its performance, reliability, risks, and benefits.
- Providing input for creating End User documentation such as brochures and training leaflets across all device types.
- Refresh of user devices following agreed asset management processes.
If you feel you have the right skill set, please apply!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search