Product Owner (Inside of IR35) - Surrey
My client a top insurance company are currently looking to recruit a Product Owner (Inside of IR35) on a 12-month contract based in Surrey. As a Product Owner you will be joining an exciting team to evolve a portfolio from desktop/on-premise towards cloud/SaaS, upgrading existing products to new technologies and modern UX, as well as developing brand-new solutions.
The responsibilities as a Product Owner will include:
- Working with the Product Management team to understand the relevant market/competitors/end-users and influence the definition of the product vision and feature-level roadmap.
- Collaborating with stakeholders and members of the scrum teams to translate this roadmap into a user-story backlog which can be consumed and implemented by one or two engineering teams.
- Ensure the backlog is in a "clean" state at all times, maintaining a clear epic/feature/story hierarchy, triaging new requirements, defects efficiently, and appropriately tagging backlog items which qualify for capitalisation and tax relief.
- Continuously re-prioritise the user-story backlog considering the direction from the Product Manager, feedback from the team, the value of the work item and potential dependencies between stories,
The key experience as a Product Owner will include:
- A background in Insurance / Financial Services
- Previously led one or two scrum teams developing commercial applications (B2B / B2C)
- In-depth understanding of the Agile software development lifecycle in a commercial/production environment
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle, from concept to productisation
This is a contract role working for a top insurance company as a Product Owner based in Surrey. To apply to the role please send a CV or call to discuss options.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search