We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an IT Managed service provider on a permanent basis. You will be working as part of the Technical Support Services team, and you will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and management of cyber security solutions, risk remediation and threat hunting.
As the SOC Engineer you will use tools such as EDR, IDS, eDiscovery and Breach & Attack Simulation, from industry leading vendors, to detect, analyse, remediate and prevent unauthorised activity within their customers' IT infrastructures, networks and cloud deployments.
The SOC Engineer will play a key in the design of new Managed Security Service offerings, assisting with developing onboarding, transition and remediation procedures as well as day to day responsibility for the investigation of security related incidents.
You will be a point of contact for security alerts and investigations, the SOC Engineer will create client reports to deliver the findings from incidents, security reviews and the results of Breach & Attack Simulation and assist the Service Delivery team in the tracking of vulnerability remediation within customer estates.
- Demonstrable experience in IT in a support function
- Experience of supporting and managing a Wintel server infrastructure
- Experience of supporting and managing LAN and edge networking services such as switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, web proxies
- Experience with next-generation endpoint security solutions
- Knowledge of vulnerability management solutions such as Tenable
- Understanding of the security kill chain and MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Demonstrably strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for forging a career in cyber security
- Ability to take ownership of and progress issues to resolution and work under pressure
- Excellent team and communication skills
- Knowledge of security operations concepts such as: perimeter defence; BYOD management; data loss prevention; insider threat; kill chain analysis; risk assessment, and security metrics.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted