To collaborate with Product owner, Project manager, Developers, and service users to ensure digital services are designed and built giving the optimal user experience.
Align user research activities to known UX problems to inform decision making and action.
To advocate for user research and user centric design and engage colleagues and stakeholders.
Key accountabilities/primary responsibilities
- Design information architectures, user interfaces (UI), page templates and functionality that meets user and business needs and are clear and a delight to use
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success considering the human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design defining interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs communicating scenarios (hypothetical users), end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to other people working on a product
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand's style or voice through its visual touchpoints
- Help build out design user centred practices, processes, tools, and culture and embed them in the agile development process.
- Develop user stories and use them effectively as a key tool in UI and functional design.
- Work closely with, and support, the product owners / digital office on content strategy, content design and wider UX strategy.
- Evaluate existing applications and their UX (user experience) effectiveness
- Plan and run user tests and other design research to inform design decisions
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback and understand user needs
- Create personas through user research and data using online tools, such as screen readers, to aid their research drawing conclusions on user behaviour from secondary sources such as web analytics, customer surveys and customer personas
Qualifications, knowledge & experience
- Experience of working within User-led design principles
- Significant demonstrable experience in UX design.
- Proven experience of both theoretical and practical aspects of UX design including techniques and tools.
- Understand the technologies used to build and operate digital services.
- Able to work autonomously, yet collaboratively with senior stakeholders to plan and manage major new projects or programmes, ensuring plans complement broader organisational strategy.
- Able to plan and manage significant new activities, ensuring plans complement broader organisational strategy.
- Organisational ability and ability to work to strict deadlines and manage several projects or workstreams at one time.
- Able to identify broad trends to assess deep-rooted and complex issues.
- Able to apply originality in modifying existing approaches to solve problems.
- Ability to apply professional/specialist knowledge to analyse complex problems and recommend solutions/plans of action.
- Strong 'critical thinking' and analytical skills
- Confidence to challenge existing work practices and offer alternative solutions
- Knowledge of the health research sector
- Web Transformation experience
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search