Informatics Team Manager
6 month contract
Competitive day rate
We're currently seeking a Team Manager experienced in LIMS and with a scientific background, to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
Management of software design and engineering in support of laboratory operations and the exec team.
- Teak the helm of the Informatics Team, managing and prioritising the agile backlog
- Take ownership of the team relationship with its customers in the laboratory operation, interacting extensively with clinical LIMS administrators, senior lab operatives, and the lab management team, exploiting software opportunities to continuously improve our end-to-end laboratory workflow and enhance standard operating procedures.
- Oversee delivery of computerised workflows and interfaces between our commercial Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and our internal software platforms. This will include designing automation scripts, data validation rules, systems monitoring and alerting, and complex calculations.
- Take responsibility the team maintenance of the LIMS database, ensuring that the Informatics team delivers effective and rapid software engineering solutions to clinical LIMS issues of a highly technical nature.
- Post-graduate degree in biological science, combined with long IT experience
- Experience of working in high throughput laboratory operational environments
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience leading an informatics development function and managing team workloads, taking ownership of the customer relationship with laboratory scientists, requirements gathering, workload prioritisation and delivery reporting
- 3+ years of overseeing software engineering, automation and reporting with scripting languages such as Python and R
- 3+ years working with ERP database systems, preferably but not essentially relating to biological sciences and laboratory information management systems (LIMS)
- Line management of IT development teams
- Prioritising, managing and reporting on development team agile backlogs.
- Technical business process analysis and design.
- Analysing laboratory scientific workflows and operational results, using informatics to identify areas for improvement.
- Working with laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
- Python automation development and data manipulation
- Driving the delivery of solutions for continuous improvement in performance against KPIs.
- Delivery of dashboard/reporting solutions
As well as a competitive rate of pay, you will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted