Data Engineer (Semantics Technologies) - Contract - Working Remotely
My client a global pharmaceutical company are looking to recruit a Data Engineer (Semantics Technologies) on a 12-month initial contract working from home / Dublin. As a Data Engineer (Semantics Technologies) you will be a member of the Semantics team, mainly responsible to create and manage FAIR data assets (Clinical, OMICS, RWD) from existing content, meta-data stores & applications. For this position you will be responsible for the following:
- Design and develop FAIR data processing pipelines including data ingestion, data cleaning, data profiling, data transformation between multiple formats (csv, excel, sql, json, xml, rdf, etc.), data quality & data access interfaces
- Develop tools & APIs supporting FAIR data platform and infrastructure
- Apply the design & use of FAIR data principles to optimise both ingest and extraction of data & metadata from the archive/data sources
- Create application ontologies in the Web Ontology Language (OWL), link them with standard ontologies, and apply the integrated ontologies to FAIR data assets
- Build FAIR Data Catalogue (DC) derived from the data assets of Clinical, OMICS & Real-World Data (RWD) domains
- Innovate, adapt & implement FAIR metrics.
- Work with business & IT partners to understand data requirements in projects.
Key skills and experience for the Data Engineer (Semantics Technologies):
- Semantics Technologies (RDF, OWL, SPARQL)
- Good knowledge & working experience of FAIR data principles/metrics
- Curation/ETL experience with various data types (clinical data, omics, RWD)
- Experience of usage of biomedical ontologies & reference data (SDTM, MedDRA, SNOMED CT, Disease Ontology (DO), etc.)
- Database design & data modelling - Entity Relationship, UML diagram & logical data model.
- Experience in version control systems (e.g. Git repositories)
This is a contract position working for a global pharmaceutical company as a Data Engineer (Semantics Technologies) working remotely. To apply to the Data Engineer (Semantics Technologies) please send a CV or call to discuss.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search