Software Development Lead - Hove
Do you have experience in managing software development teams and are you looking to work in a hands-off role? My client, a leading financial services organisation, are looking for a Software Development Lead to join their team based in Hove. This is a flexible role with 2 days per week in the office required.
As the Software Development Lead you will play an important role in the business by ensuring the provision of core development and analysis services to support the IT change portfolio. You will work closely with senior leaders to ensure that changes to existing and new supported applications and services are appropriately scoped and assessed.
As a subject matter expert, you will be responsible for developing team strategies, driving development capability, ensuring quality is maintained and standards are adopted and followed. Continuous improvement activities and security considerations will be at the heart of your approach, as will the drive for industry best practice and automation.
- Development background - ideally back-end but flexible
- Knowledge of development, systems analysis, testing and data
- Previous experiencing leading Developers and System Analysts and ensuring they are able top perform at the top of their ability
- A track record as a coach/mentor & leader
- Natural problem solving ability to facilitate teams to achieve a result
- Great at building and running high performing teams
- Understands different SDLCs - Waterfall, Iterative, AGILE
- Is able to challenge and champion engineering best practice
Day to Day:
- Ensures the delivery of Development Services as part of an agreed change agenda to; time / budget / quality criteria, through a mix of internal and external capability, ensuring that at all times that the appropriate blend of team skills, capability and capacity is available to support the change activities.
- Ensures that all products, processes are services are developed, managed and followed in accordance with industry and organisational best practice.
- Provide support for the wider business and GFIT Operations Team in the analysis and resolution of complex issues.
- Delivers effective and timely communication, reporting and management information to key stakeholders to inform effective decision making, including performance against KPIs and SLAs.
- Proactively manages any third party relationships, setting expectations around quality, agreeing / monitoring KPIs / SLAs and ensuring common goals are achieved.
- Keeps abreast of developments and changes in technology and methodologies that influence efficient and effective Development practices.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted