Restructuring Targeting Analyst - London
A top financial client is currently looking for a Restructuring Targeting Analyst to join their growing Restructuring Sales and Business Development team in London. We're looking for someone to support the department's targeting activities, ensuring our pipeline data is accurate and undertaking research into prospective clients and key sectors. This role will involve working across a range of sectors with significant exposure to senior Restructuring leaders, reporting into the Restructuring Targeting Manager.
The key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking research and analysis of target sectors using a range of data sources.
- Undertaking comprehensive research on the financial trading performance, balance sheet and liquidity positions of prospective corporate targets and helping assess suitability for pursuit by the practice
- Proactively supporting management of the department's targeting pipeline e.g. removing duplicates, undertaking reconciliations, attending targeting meetings
- Handling internal queries regarding the pipeline and target sectors/clients, by phone, email or video conference
- Supporting production of reports for senior leadership on current targets, pipeline, undertaking analysis of research data
- Managing queries into the team inbox, undertaking a range of ad hoc tasks
The key skills required:
- An interest in commercial/sales activities and understanding company financials e.g. balance sheet, profit & loss
- Knowledge/interest in key business/economic events and activities impacting on our clients e.g. COVID-19, consumer trends
- Due to the confidential nature of our clients a high level of discretion is essential
- Good time management and organisational skills together with the ability to prioritise tasks to ensure that deadlines are met
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Broader IT skills, willingness to learn/use new software or online research tools
- Comfort writing for a range of audiences would be advantageous
- Background in finance and accountancy desirable but not essential (e.g. AAT, CFAB, ACA, ACCA)
If you are interested in hearing more, please get in touch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search