Market Data Vendor Manager - London
A leading Investment management client are currently looking for a Market Data Vendor Manager to join the team on a permanent basis.
For the role, you must be able to understand how data flows into index creation.
- Understand the use and needs of index data, whist developing strong positive internal partnerships across the organisation.
- Uncover new strategic sourcing opportunities through understanding the market landscape, demand management, supplier consolidation and process efficiency's
- Source and support the management of index / data source on boarding into the company's core systems for fund launches. Work closely with then operational teams and associated systems they use (JIRA)
- Develop functional and commercially strong vendor relationships across all necessary vendor needs.
- Evaluate requests for products/services in support of new business requirements/efficiency's. - considering cost reduction, data quality improvements, optimum value for money, sourcing the most competitive price and obtaining proper authorisation.
- Legal obligations & governance , own and communicate contractual restrictions/limitations.
- Monitor and manage renewals, review all company's contracts and work to mitigate risks identified. Manage service use reviews and conclude amendments or cancellations in line with business demands.
- Negotiate new service contracts for assigned vendors with key business needs in mind but fostering a future-proofing approach where necessary. This will involve high level legal analysis and partnering with internal/external lawyers
- Build strong relationships with and influence senior internal stakeholders (specific focus on UK Index, US Index, CFO, and Product Development).
- Partner with IT and the business to develop change to the market data acquisition and distribution (maximising data quality and service to end user communities)
- Maintain and report the market data costs, versus the agreed budget across necessary business divisions. Where applicable seek additional approval for out of budget expense.
- Rise to the challenge of any cost saving initiative introduced.
- Navigate forthcoming regulations and ensure the is well positioned to meet these challenges.
- Ensure the company is correctly licensed with external sources minimising the risk for audits.
- Ensure vendor records are accurately maintained in MDM in conjunction with the Market Data Administrative team.
- Establish Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with external parties including the maintenance of vendor scorecards.
- Conduct regular service reviews with suppliers, documenting product road maps and other relevant vendor information.
- Ability to work with business areas and Finance to build develop budget.
- Adhere to the company's Supplier Management policy & framework
- Support Vendor Management activities of Team SME's in other key business areas, such as ESG
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted