DevOps Cloud Architect
The successful candidate will join the existing development teams working on strategic risk systems for the Risk and Finance Solutions department. The SRS and MRX teams cover the storage, query and analysis of trade and market risk, stress-testing and PL data, and regulatory reporting on behalf of the investment bank. Our clients and stakeholders range from trading & front office, through market risk management, finance and treasury.
All of our risk systems are being significantly re-engineered to make them fit for purpose for the incoming FRTB regulation and transitioning to Google Cloud provisioning. All our systems additionally are looking to enable features like data mining and data analytics as part of the re-engineering.
This job includes the following responsibilities:
- Manage and run production and non-production cloud platforms with no downtime to customers or staff
- Evaluate architecture choices on an ongoing basis, in anticipation of increased scale and ever-evolving technology to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business
- Drive infrastructure and tooling improvements that enable the business to confidently operate at pace
- Work with technologies and cloud services to automate platforms and software deployments in a fast paced, scalable, secure and consistent manner.
Essential Skills Technical Knowledge
- Deep knowledge of Continuous Integration and Delivery tooling such as Gitlab, Docker and Teraform
- Extensive production experience using the Google Cloud Platform including compute, networking, Kubernetes, storage and security.
- Production experience using Google's big data technology stack, including big query, analytics and cloud data prep
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team split across multiple centres
- Highly motivated to succeed
- Willingness to participate in team knowledge sharing exercises
- Able to conduct technical knowledge share sessions
- Balances multiple competing demands
- GCP Certification on DevOps/Architect
- SRE Experience on Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in dealing with large data volumes
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search