Index Data Analyst - Fixed Term Contract - London
My client a top insurance company are currently recruiting for an Index Data Analyst to join their team on a permanent basis in London. As a member of the Index Data Management team the main responsibilities of the Data Analyst will be to manage the daily index data feeds and to on-board new indices.
They key duties for the Index Data Analyst include;
- To maintain the timeliness and integrity of core business data with particular emphasis on index data. Indices are critical to investment management, performance attribution, risk management and portfolio monitoring.
- To oversee the daily production and delivery of index data to our data consumers, ensuring that all data has been delivered and that any issues have been flagged up, escalated, and resolved.
- To take an active role in on-boarding of new indices and new consumers to our strategic data distribution platform.
- To act as one of the Index Data subject matter experts to our internal data consumers and stakeholders.
- To work closely with our Vendor Management team in working with our index data vendors, including creating, agreeing and monitoring service levels and to track open incidents, requests and queries.
- To understand the business use of index data including custom indices, carve-outs and composite blends; to work closely with the investment teams and other consumers and deal with any data queries and issues.
- To gather and create management information data on the usage of index data across the business.
- To gather, analyse and communicate requirements from consumers worldwide and help prioritise the development.
The key skills & experience required:
- Understanding of index data, index data providers, index composition and index feed file types
- Awareness of index valuation types and calculating index returns
- Awareness understanding of market data and reference data spanning equities and fixed income; this will include instrument identification, industrial classifications, pricing and corporate events
- Proactive problem solver who takes responsibility for finding a solution and for driving continuous improvement
- Proficient with MS Excel, file handling tools and SQL
- Excellent time management skills
To apply to the Index Data Analyst role please send a CV or call to discuss this opportunity further.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search