As a Application Support/ Service Analyst, you will be responsible for providing application support services, as directed by the Support Services Manager, and the delivery of requests for change', appropriate to your level of experience and ability.
We are looking for somebody that:
- Has experience of providing support to business users in line with industry best practice, acting as an interface between users and IT service providers;
- Has specialised knowledge of ITIL environments
- Is able to keep calm during high pressured situations;
- Has a keen eye for detail and consistently delivers high quality services;
- Relishes the opportunity to investigate how our systems and processes work;
- Thrives on the chance to identify, then implement system and process improvements;
As a Application Support/ Service Analyst, you will be responsible for providing a variety of support & delivery activities in-line with the services we provide, with a focus on analysing how the systems and processes work, as well as providing testing and technical assistance.
You will ensure that service delivery is consistent with business needs and user requirements.
You will be responsible for providing 2nd line support of incidents and problems relating to a number of our business critical applications.
In return, we will offer great training and development opportunities within the Service Management discipline.
What we are looking for
- Thoroughly analyse information/data in order to demonstrate a clear understanding of the issue at hand and to find an appropriate solution, meeting both individual and business needs
- Constructively challenge, using strong questioning and playback techniques to ensure requirements and discussion points are fully understood before documenting a response
- React positively & quickly to new challenges and work at pace
- Take ownership when issues are foreseen and initiate action to resolve or mitigate, ensuring visibility by the appropriate level of management
- Take responsibility for your own behaviour in order to positively influence the team's growth and its working relationships
- Ability to learn quickly and provide innovative ways of how we could improve
- Provide flexible support to cover shifts/production incidents/project initiatives
Knowledge and experience of the following:
- Experience of working in a Service Support role
- Must have experience within Financial Services/ Pensions - specifically bespoke applications
- ITIL experience and/or qualifications
- Experience supporting SQL
- Recognition of business IT requirements and implications/impact of service incidents
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search