System Engineer - Edinburgh
Our Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a System Engineer to join their team on a permanent, full time basis.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Enthusiasm and initiative in embedding a DevOps mind-set into ways of working, implementing automation and tightening feedback loops
- Experience in problem solving deployment using software engineering principles
- Strong systems administration background predominantly Linux based with some Windows
- Cross discipline experience with knowledge of Java application development as well as server configuration using python, bash and ansible
- Experience of Version Control using git
- Experience with Jenkins pipelines as code
- Proven hands-on experience of AWS. Certification is a bonus but not a requirement
- Strong understanding of production scale multi-tiered systems architecture and service management principles
- Hands-On experience of managing complex terraform deployments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage technical and business stakeholders at all levels, as well as strong technical documentation skills
- Able to undertake out of hours on-call duties as part of this and future roles within the engineering organisation
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an established Bank offering an excellent salary, benefits and career opportunities.
Should this position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search