IT Security Manager
This contract position role will provide security leadership and hands-on work in the design, implementation, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of a broad range of controls.
The key experience and knowledge required for this role includes:
- BA/MSc in computer science, maths, engineering or related field (or equivalent in related technical expertise)
- At least 10 years' experience working as an information security engineer or similar, including IP based applications (DNS, SMTP, SSL, etc.)
- Strong background working with security technologies: firewalls, intrusion detection, AV, IDS, vulnerability scanning and remediation, security log and event management, network traffic analysis, privilege access management, etc.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance standards used in financial industry (e.g., FCA, PCI, SOX, ISO)
- Strong understanding of core technology infrastructure components (e.g. LAN, WAN, and wireless communications and protocols, Windows operating systems, and relational databases)
- At least one of the following: Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Must have excellent teamwork and communication skills
The key responsibilities for this role includes:
- Must be able to juggle priorities, make pragmatic trade-off decisions, and operate with little ongoing supervision
- Have excellent negotiation skills with an ability to orchestrate change through influence
- Be highly experienced at solving complex challenges in a directed, methodical, cost-effective, and data-driven manner and have the ability to analyse the current issue to envision creative solutions
- Take initiative to complete critical tasks, especially in team settings with dependencies on other people
- Work effectively in the face of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations, and shifting priorities all while championing the long-term architectural view
- Challenge the status quo to generate new ideas; be open to challenges and implement unique solutions to solve them
- Collaborate and openly seek and share information across teams and departments
- Have deep experience in his or her technical field and continually augment skills with the latest research results and techniques
- Contribute actively to the continuous improvement of IT methodologies
This is a contract role working for an expanding company as a IT Security Manager.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search