Python Developer - Contract - Bristol
We are currently looking for a Python Developer to join a large retail organisation on a contract basis. The client is based in Bristol and this will be a 6 month contract basis. They would like people in the office at least 2 days per week.
The Python Developer will use their expertise and passion for technology to work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers to test and evaluate performance of proof of concept (PoC) prototypes built in-house.
The New Product Innovation Software Team (NST) is responsible for ensuring the next generation of both connected and non-connected products and technologies are properly explored, tested and refined in readiness to transition to the team responsible for delivering our novel solutions at scale. This includes ensuring we investigate and utilise the right technologies, techniques, services and security. Core to this is exploring the proposition and technology by developing proof of concept integrations and systems.
What we are looking for:
· Experience working with embedded Linux platforms (e.g. Raspberry Pi).
· Excellent understanding of software testing techniques, and previous experience in embedded software test.
· Good programming skills with Python with experience on embedded platforms.
· Confident working with Linux command line and scripts.
· Self-starter with proven track record in overcoming steep learning curves quickly in order to become proficient within well-established projects.
· Flexible and dynamic approach to identifying problems, with the ability to rapidly test solutions, and quickly adopt testing frameworks and techniques used within the company.
· Good software and rapid prototyping experience.
· Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
· Ability to communicate complex ideas simply.
· Ability to work with version control systems (e.g. Git).
If you think you would be a good fit, please apply here. We look forward to hearing from you!