Our consultancy client are looking to recruit a Software Development Manager to lead an assignment with one of their clients in Edinburgh.
The Development Manager will work for the consultancy onsite at one of their clients and will be required to deliver results within an Agile development environment.
- Key involvement in all stages of the Agile delivery process including user story refinement, effort estimation, and retrospection. The Development Manager provided will be expected to regularly lead these processes including Daily Scrum Meetings and Sprint Planning Meetings
- Take a lead role in ensuring that processes are followed and that the correct tools are in place to allow the team to follow such processes
- Monitor individual web developer performance through the use of Microsoft Azure DevOps, or similar web-based software.
- Ensure that the development team can function efficiently and provide support to developers where necessary, helping them to resolve any issues which may be preventing them from working effectively.
- Coordinate the release of work items
- Work to ensure that the existing software application remains user friendly and widely accessible
- Identify system issues and specification deviations, and work with Software Developers to ensure that a fix is applied to such issues
A good working knowledge, and at least 5 year's working experience, of all of the below tools and technologies is required;
- Visual Studio, Microsoft .Net 4.5
- C#, ASP.NET (Webforms & MVC)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 & T-SQL
- Entity Framework, C# Linq
- Version control systems e.g. Mercurial, Git, SVN
- Continuous Integration and Deployment Systems e.g. TeamCity, VSTS
- Issue tracking tools (such as MS Azure Devops, TFS, VSTS, Jira, etc)
Please send your CV for immediate consideration
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search