Are you a Lead Network Engineer / Network Manager looking for an exciting challenge?
Are you looking for the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology in the financial sector?
Our Edinburgh based client are looking for an experienced and qualified IT Network professional to manage their Networks development team. This is a key, strategic role for someone to really advance their career.
This is a permanent role that comes with a market leading benefits package.
The role responsibilities also include:
- Manage the Network development team, responsible for the team performance and development of the team.
- Primary contact between projects and the Network development team for resource forecasting, planning and estimating the effort required for the team.
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced engineers, sharing knowledge through constructive feedback.
- Peer review network design produced by the team ensuring quality and adherence to standards and patterns.
- Develop and evolve the network standards and patterns and technical landscape changes.
- Working with architectural teams to develop and evolve the network architecture and road maps.
Specific skills & experience required:
- Must be expert level on two or more of the following platforms: Check Point, Fortinet, F5, Forescout NAC, Skybox.
- Expert knowledge of routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, etc.
- Knowledge of data centre networking leaf and spine architectures.
- Knowledge of SD-WAN, MPLS and cloud networking AWS direct connect\transit gateway, Azure express route.
- Extensive experience of implementing, managing and supporting network security solutions.
- Experience in the production of technical design and documentation
- Scripting knowledge bash, Perl, python, YAML
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) methods and toolsets such as Ansible, Terraform and Cloudformation.
- CCNP qualified (ideally)
- Agile working practices (Scrum)
- CCIE Routing & Switching or Enterprise
- CCNP qualified
- Background or previous experience in a network security role
- Experience with Arista Data Centre switches
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search