Engineering Lead (Linux)
Our client is looking for a highly skilled Linux Engineering Lead to join their Edinburgh based team on a permanent capacity.
This is a permanent role that comes with a market leading benefits package.
The role responsibilities also include:
- Manage the central Linux team, responsible for the team performance and development of the team.
- Escalation point for any operation issues that are related to our Linux operating systems
- Peer review designs to ensure quality and adherence to standards and patterns.
- Coaching and mentoring members of the team, sharing knowledge and developing them in line with the principles of the client
- Experience of developing backup strategies.
- Developing and implementing site-wide patching policies.
- Working with security teams to develop, implement and maintain processes that ensure the highest level of protection is in place across the bank estate.
- Working with application and service owners to ensure their requirements are met and standards are maintained.
- Working with architectural teams to create roadmaps for Linux and supporting technologies.
- Develop and evolve the standards and patterns for Linux and supporting technologies.
- Owning the build process for deploying and maintaining RHEL.
Specific skills & experience required:
- Experience of Linux distributions especially Red Hat.
- Experience of Red Hat Satellite.
- Experience of supporting and troubleshooting Linux on virtual and cloud platforms such as Citrix Xenserver, VMWare, AWS and Azure.
- Experience of managing teams over multiple locations. Working with remote teams
- Scripting knowledge bash, Perl, python, YAML
- Experience of working with privileged access management solutions such as Cyberark.
- Knowledge of backup platforms such as VEEAM and EMC Networker
- Linux distributions such as Ubuntu.
- Understanding of monitoring applications such as Datadog and Splunk.
- Knowledge of containers and technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience of migrating Linux hosts to new virtual platforms and the cloud.
- Experience of tools such as Terraform and Cloudformation.
- Familiar with CIS20 controls and the NIST framework (awareness of; not necessarily working knowledge)
Please send your CV for immediate consideration
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search