Scheduling Support Analyst
I am currently looking for a Scheduling Support Analyst to work for a leading financial organisation based in London, on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will:
- Maintain the integrity of systems or services issues relating to UC4 scheduling within the scope of the ETL/Batch Support team by fully investigating all incidents and resolving them in a timely fashion. Ensuring all incidents and defects (problems) and accurately recorded and updated as per the Incident Management Matrix and SLA.
- Maintain effective support processes for all software/systems within the remit with proactive approach to processes and documentation on the team's Knowledge Base.
- Continually incorporate quality management, assurance, company security and best practices into all support areas to ensure services are delivered within agreed Business Requirements.
- Ensure proper implementation of changes in accordance with agreed Change Management procedures;
- Adopt industry best practice for service management (ITIL).
- Ensure that common standards and procedures are applied across all Production Support teams
- Attention to potential capacity, performance or operational issues and take preventative action where necessary;
- Advise business and/or technical solutions where possible, recommending the most appropriate and cost effective way forward.
- Identify and capture any resultant business requirements and feed back into existing or future data work-streams, both in the project arena and within developments undertaken by the support team.
- Capture and report common issue types, resolution patterns and the cost of running the function.
- Provide support on a shift basis and out of hours support on a rota basis as and when required. A degree of flexibility is expected.
- Strong hands-on experience with Job scheduler, preferably UC4.
- Strong understanding of job scheduling, dependencies, calendars and related.
- Scripting ability on Perl, Shell or similar languages.
- Good troubleshooting skills, preferably with background from application support organizations.
- Understanding of Service Management processes and procedures
- Attention to Detail: Must be able to demonstrate the ability to record accurately all steps involved in issue investigation and resolution.
Nice to have
- Exposure to Apache NiFi
- Exposure to application integration, to include Queue and Web Service technologies.
- Exposure to ETL tools, preferably Informatica PowerCenter 10.x.
- Good command of SQL (including analytical SQL and query tuning), preferably in Oracle.
If this is something of interest to you and would like more information - please feel free to call me on 02076541092.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search