Application Support Engineer - JAVA / SQL
I am currently looking for an Application Support Engineer to work for a leading financial organisation based in London to work on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide first / second line support for all issues relating to systems within the scope of the Data Distribution Support team
- Ensure all incidents are recorded according to standard procedures.
- Analyse issues as they occur, working with software and data suppliers, business users and other IT departments to prioritise and progress resolution in appropriate timescales
- Work to resolve issues through knowledge and understanding of the business processes, the applications involved and the support tools available. Such resolution may involve advice on system usage, configuration of application, creation of data fixes, analysis and documentation of changed requirements.
- Manage the deployment of OpenShift software releases using DevOps deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Communicate with business and other IT teams the status of issues
- Work with development teams to create support documentation for new functionality and to identify system defects
- Identify the requirements and help to develop appropriate monitoring capabilities using support tools such as Grafana and SCOM
- Monitor and record Service Level Agreements with consuming systems
- Manage the progression of Incidents, Problems and Changes through their lifecycles using ServiceNow
- Provide Management Information which will help to recognise common issue types, resolution patterns and the cost of running the function
- Document processes and common exception types
- Help to ensure that common standards and procedures are applied across all Production Support teams
- Provide backup support for issues arising in other systems supported by the Data Support team.
- Provide out of hours support on a rota basis for supported systems.
- Strong SQL (ideally Oracle/Postgres)
- Strong understanding of JMS in production environments
- Familiarity with Java (from a support perspective, e.g. memory, concurrency related issues)
- Experience in supporting messaging buses or other integration frameworks
- XML and related technologies (XSD, Xpath)
- Understanding of webservices and how to support them
If this is of interest and you would like more information please feel free to call me on 02076541092.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search