Database Engineer | 6 Months | Inside IR35
We are currently recruiting for a Database Engineer to join one of our clients for an initial 6-month contract.
As a Database Engineer, your average day may include database design, development, testing, tuning and support for all aspects of the Asset. You will work in a close-knit development team, attend planning sessions, stand ups, reviews, demo your work and be involved with multiple project stakeholders
- Relevant qualifications in computer science, computer information systems, software development, database management or relevant experience and certifications
- Good analysis skills, with the ability to understand business requirements and translate them into solutions
- Knowledge of logical and physical data models, metadata definitions and models, queries and reports, processes and maintenance procedures.
- Expert in data engineering with demonstratable experience in design, development, testing and reporting of data warehouse solutions
- Understanding of security concepts and how to apply security and access control in a warehouse and reporting environment
- Performance tuning - a deep understanding of query and table performance and how to resolve non-performing model/query issues.
- Strong design principles in developing database backend solutions with focus on performance, scalability, and security considerations
- Authoring technical documentation
- Solid knowledge of DBA disciplines and the importance of control on productions systems
- Strong Microsoft SQL Server skills and using Visual Studio
- Experience using Microsoft SSIS or other ETL tools
- Solid reporting skills with SSRS and Power BI
- Self-motivated and ability to work remotely under own initiative within a collaborative team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication via phone, email and video conferencing.
- Experience of working in a consulting capacity
- Industry experience with exposure to Agile software engineering best practices.
- Able to work in UK and have good home working environment (WIFI etc)
- Comfortable working in CI/CD environment with tools such as Azure DevOps.
Other highly desirable, but not essential skills are:
- Solid knowledge of data modelling and structures, and experience with data lake and warehousing tools and techniques.
- Automated DB testing
- Excel inc VBA
- Experience of accounting software or IFRS solution experience
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, please apply here. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search