DevOps Engineer (Inside of IR35) - Contract - Surrey
My client a top insurance company are currently looking to recruit a DevOps Engineer to join their team based in Surrey. Please note this position is Inside of IR35. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for delivering solution or infrastructure development services, using advanced technical capabilities to ensure successful deployment.
The responsibilities for the DevOps Engineer will include:
- Produces high-quality solution or infrastructure deliverables on a wide scope of components and subsystems, in accordance with project timelines and specifications, using expert coding and programming skills.
- Leads the on-going maintenance of development and related pre-production environments, using sound technical skills.
- Leads the design of release packages and/or resilience logging.
- Monitors the effectiveness of installations, peer reviews, reports and provides recommendations for changes.
- Draws on internal and external practices to establish best practices, standards, and software delivery patterns using build and release tools. Ensures that it is shared and understood.
- Automate scripts to deploy software in an automated process.
- Establishes design, best practices, tools, and configuration management principles in conjunction with the Software Engineering strategies
- Collaborates with other specialists and/or technical experts to ensure Software Engineering is delivering to the highest possible standards and that solutions support stakeholder needs and business requirements.
The key experience for the DevOps Engineer will include:
- Experience building and managing Docker containers using industry standard technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker Enterprise, Rancher
- Experience using Jenkins & Git
- Experience using a scripting language such as Python, Shell Script or Perl.
- Experience in administering application servers and web servers (Nginx, Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat)
- Strong relational database experience. Preferably Oracle with a working knowledge of PL/SQL.
- Strong knowledge with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
- Strong knowledge of n-tier web applications.
- Advanced knowledge of Configuration Management technologies, preference Ansible, alternatively experience with Chef, Puppet, or Salt desirable.
- Capability to support a software development team's timelines and targets.
- Experience working with Agile Scrum teams, including those distributed geographically
- Familiarity with change management systems and processes
- Advanced knowledge on principles of continuous integration and the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Advanced knowledge on Continuous Delivery Concepts.
- Analytical, creative, adaptable, resourceful, innovative and imaginative and fun
This is a contract role working for a top insurance company as a DevOps Engineer based in Surrey. To apply to the DevOps Engineer please send a CV or call to discuss options.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search