Release Engineer - Edinburgh - 6 Months (Inside IR35)
Our Banking client is currently looking for a highly skilled Release Engineer to join their Edinburgh based team on a 6 month initial contract.
The candidate will need to be able to work closely with developers, engineers and project managers to ensure key deliverables are met. The key responsibilities will include:
- Identification of areas for improvement within; automation, process or tooling.
- Drive Automation and Orchestration best practices; focusing on tooling and integration with a focus on a continuous delivery model
- Work with teams on adopting continuous integration and deployment using orchestration tools and how to integrate this into the teams continuous delivery pipeline and standardise the way teams perform change in the bank.
- Contribute via community engagements across the bank to promote Self-Service and Automation standards and help train teams to understand why to adopt and use the automated tools to perform change.
- Promote the change in culture and behaviour required to demonstrate the benefit between manual changes and automated releases.
The skills you'll need
- Solid understanding of Java application containers
- Solid understanding of Web Servers; Apache, IIS
- UNIX/RHEL/Ubuntu with strong scripting experience
- Supporting Cloud First strategy: using AWS, Azure, IBM, Google & Oracle & SaaS servers
- Microsoft Windows server platforms 2012 and 2016 with IIS 8.5 and .Net
If this position is a match to your skillset and experience please apply by submitting your CV and I will be in touch by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search