Data Engineer - Snowflake- 6 Month FTC
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join an established and growing team on a 6-month fixed-term contract.
Never has the demand to be data driven been so high in my client's organisation as they seek to launch new products, understand underwriting impacts, and satisfy changes in reinsurance. Working with technologies such as Wherescape, Snowflake and SQL server.
The role will predominately be a working from home position but flexibility to travel to Cardiff when requires is essential and experience within Financial Services would be advantageous.
- Planning and achieving sprint tasks from which technical solutions will be created. These solutions will mean that the business can identify commercial opportunities or understand why they are needed.
- Supporting data visualisation and data pipelines, ensuring that services are up to date and the business can rely on them.
- Inputting into and managing data artefacts, which will include planning, task completion, unit testing, peer reviews, release, meta data, data modelling and deployment. This will ensure that the right controls have been applied whilst maintaining the accuracy of process's and controls.
- Attending DataOps Design Authority meetings to provide input to data value delivery methods. This will enable operational efficiency and foster collaboration
- Responsibility for the creation and input of meta data to sufficient levels.
- Converting user stories to technical tasks, translating the business goal to a technical one, allowing the delivery of a technical solution.
- Using modern data platform tools set up in agile to progress in a journey towards continuous integration and deployment of projects in the cloud.
- A proven track record of delivering data engineering solutions including ETL development, data streaming, data Integration and analytics.
- An ability to communicate to all levels of stakeholders is essential; with the ability to demonstrate the communication of complex data management issues to non-technical stakeholders a prerequisite.
- A knowledge of modern data paradigms within the cloud in order to enable a business to maximise its value from data.
- Proven data, analytics, and engineering experience.
- The ability to demonstrate logical and lateral thinking considering all angles in decision making.
- The ability to communicate clearly and logically using "story telling techniques" in addition to simple language and visuals to suit the audience.
- Technical experience including; Wherescape, Snowflake, SSIS, ADF, Jenkins, PowerBI, Tableau, RBDMS: Oracle, MSSQL, Postgress, Databricks, Kafka, DataIQ and QuerySurge
If you would like more information, please feel free to call me on 02076541092 for email me at
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search