We are looking for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to provide technical support to customers including server, desktop and networking infrastructure. This role is working for an IT managed service provider based in Huntingdon, but there is flexibility on working from home.
- To liaise with and build strong working relationships with key customer contacts.
- To record all calls to ensure accurate information about the client's systems is maintained and available to other support personnel and account managers.
- Escalate issues in line with guidance.
- To have a flexible approach and attitude.
- To work with other support staff to build knowledge and skills pertinent to the sites supported.
- To comply with all necessary working practices relating to the customer site.
- To build strong relationships with customer account managers.
- To take a proactive approach to customer IT systems to ensure problems are avoided and the longer term development of the customer IT systems are considered.
- To be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- To be able to manage demanding users on customer sites who have high expectations.
- To be able to communicate technical issues and concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Work together with your Line Manager to develop and enhance your knowledge and skill sets.
- There may be a requirement to provide cover to other customer sites when absence by other engineers dictates.
- Ensure that you understand your responsibilities in relation to the Communications Strategy, in particular with attendance at regular team meetings and 121s.
- Ensure that you understand the Company Ethos and Vision, including any tasks linked to your role with the Strategic Bridge.
- Any other relevant tasks commensurate with your position, as directed by your Line Manager or appropriate Company Director.
- Good working knowledge of:
- MS Windows Server 2008/2012 (R2) /2016
- MS Windows Windows 7 / 8 / 10
- MS Exchange 2007 / 2010 /2012
- MS Office 2010 / 0365
- MS Windows Server 2008R2 or above
- Microsoft Exchange
- Office 365
- Windows Server including ADFS and Active Directory
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search