1st Line Support Monday - Friday 7am - 7pm shiftsRemote working initially in lock down but then in the office (Huntingdon) on a rotation 1 week every month.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To provide 2nd line technical support to customers including server, desktop and networking infrastructure.
- To liaise with and build strong working relationships with key customer contacts.
- To record all calls to ensure accurate information about the client's systems is maintained and available to other support personnel and account managers.
- Escalate issues in line with guidance.
- To have a flexible approach and attitude.
- To work with other support staff to build knowledge and skills pertinent to the sites supported.
- To comply with all necessary working practices relating to the customer site.
- To build strong relationships with customer account managers.
- To take a proactive approach to customer IT systems to ensure problems are avoided and the longer term development of the customer IT systems are considered.
- To be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- To be able to manage demanding users on customer sites who have high expectations.
- To be able to communicate technical issues and concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Work together with your Line Manager to develop and enhance your knowledge and skill sets.
- There may be a requirement to provide cover to other customer sites when absence by other engineers dictates.
- Ensure that you understand your responsibilities in relation to the Communications Strategy, in particular with attendance at regular team meetings and 121s.
- Ensure that you understand the Company Ethos and Vision, including any tasks linked to your role with the Strategic Bridge.
- Any other relevant tasks commensurate with your position, as directed by your Line Manager or appropriate Company Director.
- Good working knowledge of:
- MS Windows Server 2008/2012 (R2) /2016
- MS Windows Windows 7 / 8 / 10
- MS Exchange 2007 / 2010 /2012
- MS Office 2010 / 0365
- MS Windows Server 2008R2 or above
- Microsoft Exchange
- Office 365
- Windows Server including ADFS and Active Directory
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search