Rotational Business Graduate
Competitive Salary & Benefits package
Start date: September 2021
Join us and you join a unique organisation. It's not just the 14 million policyholders we serve, or the £300 billion of assets we look after. Or that we're a FTSE 100 company that has been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. It's our talented, inclusive and diverse workforce that makes us a success. We offer flexible working opportunities ensuring we attract and retain the very best of talent. Find out about more about our people's stories, our values and our commitment to diversity by visiting our careers website.
To support our continued growth Phoenix is looking to recruit enthusiastic Rotational Business Graduates to join our business.
The positions will be based in Whythall or Edinburgh on a permanent basis and can involve travel between sites as well as agile working.
Our Graduate Programme
At Phoenix, we realise you might not yet know where you want your career to go, that's why we offer a Graduate programme that lets you spend 2 years learning about our business by undertaking up to 6 rotations into different parts of Phoenix. These rotations can take you from our busy Actuarial and Finance teams, via our dynamic Change and IT functions, through to our award-winning Customer facing teams and everything in between.
If you already know the direction you want your career to take with specific roles in mind, our Graduate programme will help you to build the rounded business knowledge to support your progression, tailoring your rotations to match your career aspirations.
We're recruiting Graduates like you to help us develop a diverse organisation, and grow our leaders of the future. On our 2-year programme you'll learn about how we run our business through being part of a team and being given accountability for activities and processes. You'll gain exposure to our management teams, providing a new view point and championing innovations. Throughout your 2 years, you'll be supported by our Talent & Development team on your journey, including a comprehensive induction and ongoing learning pathways to help you achieve your fullest potential with Phoenix.
What We Offer
Programme will allow you to:
- Work directly with a variety of functional areas across the business, building a wide network of connections, growing your experience and knowledge of Phoenix and the financial services industry as a whole
- Take on a wide range of roles and responsibilities, which help us to achieve the overall deliverables of Phoenix and provide strong outcomes for our Customers
- Gain satisfaction through a strong sense of ownership, adapt to an evolving role, work in a fast paced environment with a strong work ethic, be an excellent team player and interact with senior management
- Study towards the CII professional qualification, supported by our Talent & Development team
Bring your 'whole self', skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group, and we'll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We'll ensure you're rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
In addition, as an employee of Phoenix, you will benefit from:
- Career Progression. Opportunities to develop your career across a large organisation, including training, development, annual performance reviews, internal career pathways and the opportunity to participate in the annual incentive plan determined by both individual and company performance.
- Flexible Benefit Package. This allows you to choose the benefits that best suits you, from additional protection and health products, extra holiday and corporate discounts. We also offer Matching Shares and Share Save Schemes.
- Diversity & Inclusion. Phoenix is passionately committed to being an inclusive employer, which we view as vital in helping us achieve our strategy. We offer 3 days volunteering leave a year and are also connected with some key networks such as Affinity Network, Armed Forces, Carers Network and Mosaic. We also operate a Disability Confident Scheme.
- Our working environment. We aim to create a working environment that is:
- A collaborative environment that encourages team working and incorporates a range of group and individual work places
- We support agile working both within and outside of the office environment
What We're Looking For
We would like you to help us shape the future growth of Phoenix and build the brave, forward looking customer obsessed company we know we can be. If you are the type of person who can:
- Always putting our customers at the heart of what we do - listening and responding to their changing needs.
- Own problems and be part of the collaborative business units bursting with passion, energy and ideas
- Deliver high quality work with enthusiasm
- Take personal responsibility for the role Phoenix plays in shaping our company and customers future
- Value what makes us different and our diversity of views
- Express yourself simply, clearly and directly
- Proactively offer assistance to others, seek opportunities to "pitch in" and help colleagues
- Show commitment, and share in the delivery of our one team goals
- Stay calm, flexible and resilient despite uncertainty
- Always looking to grow as an individual
- Have courage to ask questions, innovate and make ambitious decisions
- Demand of yourself the same high standards that you expect from others
...Then we look forward to receiving your application.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted