We are looking for a Business Analyst who will be responsible for activities involving the formulation of systems scope and objectives, analyzing and evaluating existing or proposed systems, and devising or modifying procedures to solve end user problems. Conducts feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, and investigates the establishment and implementation of new or revised applications systems and programs. Encodes tests and debugs applications programs and procedures. May cover such duties as preparing detailed specifications from which programs can be written; conducting problem analysis and submitting recommendations for a solution; report design and generation. May write some screen interfaces or small executable but typically does not do much coding.
- Numerate degree including standard statistical techniques.
- Higher degree involving statistics, psychometrics or mathematics
Previous Experience Essential:
- Statistical analysis, report writing Desirable:
- Knowledge of the UK education system IT Literacy Essential:
- Competent user of word processor (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), databases (eg ACCESS). user of SPSS or R Desirable:
- Experience of IRT/Rasch software (eg WINSTEPS, Conquest, RUMM)
Key Competencies 1. Providing a customer focused service 2. Communicating with influence 3. Working with others to achieve goals 4. Delivering goals in a changing environment 5. Taking a creative and innovative approach to work 6. Maximising potential in self and others
- Always Learning: Discusses data, key industry trends and conditions and understands the implications for their own business area. Welcomes new ways of doing things. Acts on feedback to assess strengths and weaknesses.
- Courageous: Asserts opinions on issues. Is willing to make decisions even when there is ambiguity or uncertainty. Recognises conflict and names the issues.
- Ethical: Treats people honestly and with compassion regardless of level, personality or background. Identifies and escalates ethical issues. Follows through on commitments
- Determined: Sets high standards of performance for self. Acts resourcefully to ensure that work is completed on time and to high quality parameters. Persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks, remaining calm and in self control.
- Customer focused: Identifies and responds to customer requirements, expectations and needs. Encourages feedback from customers to continually improve products and services in line with the brand. Aims to exceed customer expectations.
- Transformational: Demonstrates active support for change initiatives. Changes own behaviour and actions to align with change initiatives. Embraces rather than resists change.
- Strategic and visionary: Demonstrates understanding of the organisation's mission and strategies. Works to clarify and understand the global purpose and mission for own work. Integrates and balances big-picture concerns with day-to-day activities.
- Innovative: Generates innovative ideas and solutions to problems. Finds ways to extend and apply innovative ideas to enhance business results. Routinely tries out new methods, processes, and technologies.
- Developer: Offers others support and help, and willingly shares own knowledge and expertise. Offers helpful suggestions to support others' development. Offers constructive feedback to others to support their development.
- Inspirational: Projects a positive image and serves as a role model for others' performance. Is flexible across a wide range of situations. Demonstrates energy and a sense of ownership and commitment to the organisation.
- Relationship builder: Actively collaborates with others, within and across groups around the world. Appropriately involves others in decisions and plans that affect them. Listens carefully and attentively to others' opinions and ideas.
- Makes it happen: Takes personal responsibility to make decisions and take action. Works hard to achieve goals that support strategic priorities. Holds self accountable for meeting assigned goals
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search