Graduate Scheme - Maths, Economics and Actuarial
Competitive Salary & Benefits package
Start date: September 2021
Phoenix Group is the UK's largest long-term savings and retirement business with circa 14 million policies and over £300 billion of Assets Under Administration.
Phoenix delivers cash, resilience and growth, and is committed to a sustainable future. We're driven by our purpose: helping people secure a life of possibilities. Our broad range of products across our Open and Heritage businesses means we can support people at all stages of the savings life cycle.
To support our continued growth Phoenix is looking to recruit dedicated Actuarial Analysts to join our actuarial programme. Our actuaries solve key business problems in a complex and fast-moving environment. They play a crucial role in achieving the company's strategic goals, and how we effectively manage our risks.
For our actuarial programme we're looking for highly numerate, analytical minds, with a passion for problem-solving and continuous learning, as well as the ability to communicate well with colleagues at all levels. The positions will be based in Edinburgh or Wythall on a permanent basis; although, there may be opportunities to travel between sites on occasions.
As part of our actuarial programme you'll be studying towards becoming a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA). You'll be given:
- A generous and fully supported study package that includes paid leave and funding for revision materials, including tutorials. You will be given the flexibility to make a study plan that works for you and will join our internal Actuarial community, which organises Continuous Professional Development (CPD), Professional Skills Training and networking events for anyone part or fully qualified.
- The opportunity to work in multiple teams across an exciting range of business areas - with work ranging from financial reporting, to capital and risk management, to developing and supporting our investment strategies, as well as contributing to the commercial success of our propositions within the Open business, to name a few. We rotate students to provide them with a more holistic view of the organisation and broader level of experience - this will help you meet the IFoA's Personal and Professional Development (PPD) requirements, as well as developing your understanding of the needs of different stakeholders - customers, regulators and shareholders.
- We know being an Actuary is about more than just technical knowledge. Your personal growth story will involve developing professional and soft skills alongside your qualification which will be supported by the wider Graduate Programme.
In addition, as an employee of Phoenix, you will benefit from:
- Competitive core benefit package. This includes; Competitive Salary with annual performance and salary reviews, Group personal pension plan, Group income protection, employee assistance programme, a generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance.
- Flexible Benefit Package. This allows you to choose the benefits that best suit you, from additional protection and health products, extra holiday and corporate discounts. We also offer Matching Shares and Share Save Schemes.
- Diversity & Inclusion. Phoenix is passionately committed to being an inclusive employer, which we view as vital in helping us achieve our strategy.
- Our working environment. We aim to create a working environment that is:
- Collaborative: an environment that encourages team working and incorporates a range of group and individual work places
- Flexible: supports agile working both within and outside of the office environment
- Modern: with a consistent look which reinforces the ReAssure brand and has coherent feel across all sites
If you would like to help shape the future growth of Phoenix, and can demonstrate the below:
- Achieved (or on track to achieving) a degree, or post-graduate qualification, in an analytically based subject. For example, but not limited to - mathematics, scientific or economics based areas.
- Achieved A level, Higher or equivalent in Mathematics
Then we look forward to receiving your application.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age