IT Desktop Support Engineer
We are recruiting IT Desktop Support Engineers for laboratory based support in Plymouth.
Seeking full-time IT Desktop Support persons to provide desktop and network support to all levels of stakeholders across our sites. This role will be working on a shift basis.
The key responsibilities for this role includes:
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems and across a range of software applications like Office etc.
- To assist all our users with any IT related incident when called upon
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system
- To install and configure new IT equipment
- To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware
- To resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners
- To maintain a first class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization
- To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all staff in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient
The key experience and knowledge required for this role includes:
- Technical qualifications in a relevant subject (eg CompTIA A+)
- Basic knowledge around IT infrastructure and network including Windows
This is a contract role working for as an IT Desktop Support Engineer, please apply to find out more!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search