Senior Systems Analyst 6 Month Contract Edinburgh
Lorien's client is working with one of Scotland's highest profile financial services organisations going through a series of exciting programmes. They are now looking to add a Senior Systems Analyst with strong financial services experience and a broad range of allied experience. Essentially you must have;
- Data analysis and good understanding of a wide variety of technologies
- Functional requirement gathering and specification experience
- Financial services experience
- Agile delivery
- Current state analysis from existing systems/code
- Data Analysis (Excel, SQL)
- ETL/System Specifications
- Impact/Gap analysis
- System or interface specifications from solution designs
- Input into project shaping and estimation
- Creation & review of epics & stories
The role & Requirements
- Experienced in moving legacy systems from one place to another - inc systems, information, documentation
- Experienced in system integration's or "re-plumbing" of existing integration's.
- Broad set of technical expertise across different technologies - mainframe, ETL, Web Services etc
- Confident in digging into systems already in place, conducting knowledge discovery, reverse engineering from the ideal end point back to the start for knowledge discovery.
- Some ETL experience in the role, lots of mainframe - with significant reworking of existing integration's.
- Adept in working with lots of different teams and the legacy owners to bring everything together.
- Experienced in Agile delivery
- Experienced in collaboration with other teams/3rd parties to gather technical requirements and to ensure delivery meets scope.
- Previous exposure to ETL (Ab Initio, Axway), Salesforce, Dimensional Warehousing, Web Services, Mainframe systems, scheduling technologies.
- Familiar with change, project management processes and methodogies.
- Strong skills and experience of data, systems & impact/gap analysis, ETL and data services, functional requirement gathering, input to non-functional requirements and creating specifications.
- Leadership experience, mentoring, assisting
- Experience of working with a development partner including working with offshore members of the team is required
- SQL Server & dimensional warehouses, Salesforce (or other CRM, Defining API interfaces (SOAP, REST)
This is a 6 month contract inside of IR35 with a high probability of a further 6 months being offered thereafter. The day rate will be dependent on the applicants experience.
Should this role seem of interest please send an up to date CV or feel free to me to informally discuss.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search