Infrastructure Engineer (3rd Line) - Contract
This is to work with a FTSE100 Company to support a Global Project and take on and complete tactical remediation activities to close the configuration gaps and to bring the systems in alignment with standards where possible.
The key responsibilities for this role includes:
- Provides implementation and 3rd line technical support; Including planning, installation, on-going management, monitoring, troubleshooting, and decommissioning, following operational policies and processes that are compliant with industry best practice standards.
- Provides proactive recommendations and actively contributes to the configuration, layout and performance tuning to improve the solution.
- Ensures that the projects are implemented in accordance with IT Technical and Operational standards.
- Participate in pre-implementation activities to post implementation activities.
- Document all pre & post implementation configuration and create BAU documents for handover.
The key experience and knowledge required for this role includes:
- Significant experience working with Windows and VMware infrastructure and strong technical knowledge of various backup environments (Veeam, Veritas NetBackup, IBM Spectrum, Data Domain, Tape Libraries).
- Proven experience of managing availability, capacity and performance in a virtualisation environment using tools like Vrealize operations manager or Veeam one
- Backup software integration with most commonly used applications in industry (e.g. Backing up VMware, Hyper-V, SQL, SAP, Oracle, Lotus Notes, VMWare)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSC) and VMware Certified Professional (VCP) 5 or 6 certification.
- Experience creating and running Powershell scripts to extract and configure asset and application information from windows devices
This is a contract role working for a top company as a Infrastructure Engineer.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search