Product Development Director - engineering portfolio
Our client is looking for a Product development Director to join them on a contract basis. This role will involve managing the Engineering portfolio and team. Suitable candidates will need to have either mechanical or an electrical engineering background. You must be used to managing outsourced as well as internal teams.
This role will be accountable for leading the Global technical development agenda, for new products, product enhancement and product redesign.
- Expert in R&D, product development, asset management and value chain delivery to support business strategy
- Evaluate the potential, proof and practicality of concepts for product development, applying experience and judgement to accomplish short and long term goals. Effectively balancing commercial priorities and resource availability to deliver multiple development projects concurrently
- Define a funded development roadmap for product development, including the relevant needs of the markets
- Lead and Establish a virtual global team with the necessary capabilities to ensure successful delivery of brand standard coffee equipment based on market commitments. These will include: Research and Development, Technical Development, Machine Innovation, Industrial Design, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, Quality Assurance, Legal Compliance and Contract Manufacturing
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with core suppliers to deliver development, customisation and mass manufacturing requirements
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Technical Development
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Quality & Food Safety
- Leading large technical and virtual teams
- Innovating new products
- Contract Manufacturing
- Commercially viable solutions
- Senior stakeholder engagement and management
- Communication, Negotiation & Influencing skills
- Project Management
To apply for this position please submit your cv.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search