AWS Devops Consultant
Our client, a leading British Corporation are currently recruiting for a DevOps Consultant to join the team on a contract basis.
AWS DevOps Role:
Conduct an impact assessment of an existing application deployed in a third party AWS tenant, and that of all deployed
Infrastructure, including (but not limited to), EC2s, Lambdas, S3, Elasticache, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS (MySQL & Postgres), Route53,
AWS Load Balancers, VPCs, and Amazon Polly.
Define a detailed plan to migrate the capability and services into the AWS account
Define an appropriate test approach, working with Digital Test team where necessary, to ensure that the migration plan the
appropriate checkpoints to ensure no loss of service during the migration.
Conduct dress rehearsal migrations for infrastructure and data, adhering to all relevant Cyber Security Assurance Policies.
Work with the Release Manager to define the production migration and cutover plan, ensuring little or no loss of service or
Ensure that AWS access is via existing role based access controls.
- Cloud Computing services, specifically Amazon Web Services: EC2, ECS, Fargate, Lambda, S3, IAM, VPCs, Cloudfront, Direct Connect, Cloudformation, SQS, SNS, API Gateway, ALB, NLB, IAM
- Good understanding of Version control solutions, specifically Git/GitHub
- DevOps methods (integration & automation)
- Continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment tooling, specifically, AWS CodePipeline and CodeDeploy
- Docker Experience, such as writing Dockerfiles, understanding Docker Networking and Service Discovery
- Containerisation orchestration, specifically, ECS and Kubernetes
- Supporting Java software development such as JVM tuning and writing Gradle config
- Good knowledge and hands on experience of Database technologies SQL, KVS and NoSQL particularly MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis & DynamoDB
- Understanding and Basic scripting in Node.JS, Python and Bash
- Working within Agile teams using Scrum & Kanban or other Lean methodologies
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search