About the role:
Joining the architecture team, as the solution architect, you will be responsible for designing and developing infrastructure solutions based around the Azure stack.
You will work closely with other architects and interact with Software Engineers, Testers and Subject Matter Experts on a range insurance-specific products and projects. Delivering exceptional technical development on digital projects as directed by the head of technology. Ensuring all designs fulfil project requirements and are delivered on schedule and to the expected standard. Using the latest agreed upon back end technologies/frameworks.
- Is accountable for the system architecture in all Enterprise Information Management projects and to develop reusable patterns, templates and architecture artefacts to ensure project delivery is optimized.
- Is accountable for defining the solution architecture for Enterprise Information Management projects based on business requirements in order to leverage capability of the technology platforms in the most optimal and efficient way.
- In partnership with the product owners, define the roadmap & solutions with a core focus delivering business value to meet the business goals.
- Review the current landscape and define a new target landscape by understanding the current backlog of work.
- Help drive best practise around integration and on boarding 3rd parties onto the new landscape.
- Develop microservices & API's architecture documentation to share with management and implementation teams.
- Develop data innovation by recognising and exploiting business opportunities to ensure more efficient and effective performance of organisations. Explore new ways of conducting business and organisational processes.
- Define the data modelling by producing data models and understand where to use different types of data models. Understand different tools and compare between different data models. Reverse-engineer a data model from a live system. Understand industry-recognised data-modelling patterns and standards.
- Help maintain the integrity and security of all systems
- Communication and soft people skills to build trust with stakeholders and clients.
- Knowledge of the agile delivery methodology - an understanding of what makes good user stories, how to create and maintain a good product backlog and managing scope changes.
- Sound understanding of the London Market insurance industry.
Skills and Abilities needed to perform the role:
- At least 7 years of EAI experience - Enterprise Integration, Streaming, Messaging/Message Broker, REST, Micro Services, SOA
- AWS to Azure migration experience ideal
- Strong proof of experience with Middleware, integration architecture patterns, web services technologies, enterprise messaging patterns, APIs,
- Experience with cloud technologies - e.g. iPaaS, SaaS applications, cloud infrastructure and DevOps processes, Cloud security, and an understanding of engineering
- Exposure to other MS products/platforms/technologies and tools
- Practical experience of implementing architectural techniques using TOGAF 9 or another framework
- Some technical knowledge to help lead in architecting, planning, testing, and deploying/migrating to Azure-based solutions
- Incorporating Azure Application Insights in solutions
- A strong grasp of data modelling
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search